How To Apply the PSP 3.71 M33-2 Patch
Just a couple of days ago I have announced that the PSP custom firmware installation guide was updated to version 3.71 M33-2. However, thanks to HackerYami, I realized that there is a problem with the installation package. The package only included a patch for the custom firmware, so you already need to be running 3.71 M33 on your PSP. The following tutorial goes over the installation of the patch, after you have installed the 3.71M33 firmware upgrade following my guide.
- A fat PSP with firmware version 3.71 M33
- At least a memory stick with 128 MB of free space
- Fully charged battery (or just leave it plugged in the power)
- M33 update package that includes the 3.71 M33-2 patch and the 1.50 kernel patch.
- Patience to follow this guide step by step
Install 3.71 M33-2
- Connect your PSP to the computer via a USB cable.
- Copy all files on the memory stick to a hard drive. This is a backup just in case something evil happens, even if it’s unlikely.
- Copy the UPDATE folder (found in PSP/GAME folder in the installation package) to the PSP/GAME folder on your PSP.
- Disconnect your PSP from the computer
- Navigate to the games section of the XMB on your PSP and select the Memory Stick tab
- Run the application called “3.71 M33-2”
- Press X to continue
- You now have 3.71 M33-2 on your PSP!