Latest PSP Firmware Releases (3.72, HX-1, M33#3)
Earlier this month, SONY has rolled out another update to the PSP’s firmware, brining it to version 3.72. The following is a change log of the latest additions:
- You can now set a theme under [Theme Settings].
- You can now search for a scene when playing a movie that is saved on Memory Stick Duo media.
- Simultaneous playback of content under (Music) and (Photo) is now supported.
- Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.
- [Assign Buttons] has been added to the (Remote Play) menu.
- Sequential playback of videos saved on Memory Stick Duo media is now supported.
- Support has been added for [Remote Start] of the PS3 system under [Remote Play].
The features are mostly trivial and aesthetic, and should not be of much importance to the homebrew PSP owner. However if you are interested in some of them, there is a custom firmware version of it available already. It has not been created by Dark_Alex and team M33 (even though it is based on their sources), so I will not be creating a guide on this blog in the near future. Instead I recommend you use the Easy Installer for CFW 3.72 HX-1. The new developer’s name is _HellDashX_, and I would like to congratulate him on his efforts. If there will be no 3.72 M33, then I will switch to his version.
Dark_Alex has not been slacking off lately either. In the last few days, he has come up with a new patch (#3) for his 3.71 M33 custom firmware that adds improved support for Popsloader and fixes many bugs. I will be writing a quick update guide over the weekend, if not tonight.