Applying the 3.71 M33#3 Patch
Yesterday I blogged about the latest releases in the world of PSP firmwares, and I mentioned that Dark_Alex has released another patch (number 3) to the 3.71 M33 custom firmware for the PSP. The patch mostly fixes bugs, but it also adds a new popsloader. Popsloader is a plugin that allows you to play your PS1 games without the need for a PS3 console. I will not be going into detail on how to use this feature, because I do not own any PS1 games. However if you suggest any good ones, I will give them a try. 😉
As a bonus, I packaged the newly released Custom Firmware Extender version 1.9, which is my favorite plugin for the PSP. It allows me to take in-game screenshots, which I use in my reviews. The latest release also adds support for launching your backed up ISO games over a WiFi connection, and adds improved help dialog. Read on to learn how to install this cool plugin along with 3.71 M33#3 custom firmware!
- PSP running firmware 3.71 M33 (you do not need the #2 patch)
- Package containing patch #3 and CFE 1.9
- SONY Duo Memory Stick
- Fully charged battery (or just leave it plugged in the power)
- Connect your PSP to your computer via USB
- Copy all files from the package to the root of the memory stick
- Disconnect the PSP
- Navigate to the Memory Stick section of the Game tab in the XMB
- Select the 3.71 M33#3 application and run it
- Press X when asked to do so
- Wait for it to complete, it should take only a few seconds. Your PSP will be automatically restarted after this. You now have completed applying the 3.71 M33#3 patch.
- Enable the Custom Firmware Extender by going into the Recovery Menu.
- Fully poweroff your PSP by holding the power switch until the POWER light goes dark
- Hold the R button, and turn your PSP back on. You should be greeted by the Recovery Menu
- Navigate into the Plugins section, and enable every plugin by selecting it and pressing the X button
- Exit the Recovery Menu and press the Note and Volume Down button for the help dialog