3.80 M33-5 Available Already
If you had trouble with the custom CPU speed settings while playing games on your PSP that is running the 3.80 M33 custom firmware, then I suggest you hit the Network Update feature. Dark_Alex has located the bug in his 3.80 M33 firmware, which led him to release a quick patch that fixes the problem. If you do not have access to a wireless access point, you can still download the 3.80 M33-5 patch here. Just place the contents into the it in the PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick, and run it from the XMB menu. Also note that you already need to have 3.80 M33 installed (you do not need any of the subsequent patches 2,3,4) for the patch to work.
- Fixed custom CPU clock not working in games
- CPU clock has never (in any SE/OE/M33) be set at all in games that restarted using sceKernelLoadExec to use a subgame or reload themselves, after said restart happened (e.g. Castlevania). Fixed.
- Added setting to recovery to hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in the XMB game menu
- By default off, when on you will probably notice a faster browse in XMB games.
- This setting only applies to any kind of apps/games (pbp, iso) that load from MS, but not to UMD’s.