AutoRotate – Ubuntu Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions (Ubuntu Lucid Lynx)
- Make sure you have a working accelerometer that is reading the proper orientation.
- Add my ThinkPadX61T PPA repository by appending the following line to the end of the /etc/apt/sources.list file:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kkrizka/thinkpad-x61t/ubuntu lucid main
- Update apt-get’s package list:
sudo apt-get update
- Install the script and necessary packages:
sudo apt-get install wacom-tools python-xrandr autorotate
- You can have the auto-rotate.py damon to start with GDM, so it will be available to all users, even during login. This is done by adding the following line to the end of the /etc/gdm/Init/Default file before the exit 0 command:
- Restart GDM to start the script:
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart
- Swivel down your screen into the tablet mode, and tilt it at around 45 degrees to test if everything is working.
- Follow the general instructions for setting up buttons for manual rotation.