A simple Minecraft mod that generates random 41-by-41 hedge mazes inside the world. Watch the following video for a demonstration of its features.
WARNING! Generating a maze turns everything below (up to bedrock) into stone and everything above into air. Make sure to use the maze paper away from any structures that you want to keep.
- Make sure that you have ModLoader installed. If you do not, follow this tutorial.
- Download the Maze Mod zip archive from here: MazeMod-0.1.zip
- Place the downloaded zip archive into /PATH/TO/MINECRAFT/DATA/mods directory. Create it if it does not exist. The path to the minecraft data folder on different operating systems is:
- Windows: %Appdata%.minecraft
- Linux: ~/.minecraft
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Launch Minecraft as normally!
The mazes are generated using the Maze Paper. To activate the paper, just make it the active item and right-click.
The recipe for the Maze Paper is:
- prevent the mod from destroying the entire vertical space in the world
- alternate materials for the walls of the maze (ie: stone)
- better exists (ie: stairs if the exit is in the air)
- customizable maze dimensions
- maze biomes?
The source code for this mod is available via git: http://git.krizka.net/MazeMod.git